Wednesday, September 28, 2011

Heirloom Cut Chenille Blanket

I found the instructions for making this blanket a while ago and have been itching to try one ever since.
It wasn't at all difficult, but it took forever!
I do love how it turned out though, it's super soft and cozy like, and it was really pretty cool to see how the flannel went into the washing machine looking one way and came out looking completely different.

You should totally make one.

I can't wait to make another. It's a great "make busy" project as it's only sewing straight lines so it's really easy to stop and start or just go to town and make in one sitting.
The thing that took the longest was cutting the flannel. I don't have one of those fancy cutters mentioned in the instructions so I did it all by hand with my trusty scissors... that was unpleasant!

I think I'll tuck this one away (I had some troubles with the binding...) and get out the fabric to make another for the next little baby in our group of friends!

No comments:

Post a Comment